land access suggestion

JoeC Mixmaster

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4554 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It would be nice if the ability to restrict land/sim access based on billing information on file would be removed. Me and my wife wanted to go shopping for a new house. We found this one place that has some houses, however I do not have payment info on file and she does, so I could not go with her. It shouldn't make any differents weather we have billing info on file or not to go somewhere. This needs to be removed. It's not really fair to people who earn their money another way that want to go shopping in second life.

I understand your frustration, however, this restriction is used to protect land against griefers.  Griefers never have payment info on file that would allow them to be traced by LL, unless they are exceedingly dumb.  It is one of the sure fire ways to protect land.  Sometimes land owners put this restriction on temporarily because they have been undergoing a period of constant griefing and eventually remove it.  So you may want to contact the owner and ask if this is the case, or try to go again later.

That being said, keep in mind that the person who pays the tiers on the land has the right to choose who they want to come there.  You as an individual have no absolute 'right' to go anyplace you want.  It would be unfair to the person paying for the land to have to accept visits from anyone. Of course if their restrictions prevent a customer from making a purchase and they lose a sale, then they must accept that too.  So its a two way street.

One solution is to put payment information on file.   Some folks have a prepaid credit card with only a minimum amount of money in their card account that they use just for this purpose  Just because you have it on file doesn't mean you have to use it if you earn your money within SL.  If you don't want to do this for any reason, you must then accept the fact that you will be restricted from going some places.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4554 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.