Marketplace product flagging abuse?

TommyTom Jun

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4612 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just want to know how many content creators have been part of this problem? Have anyone else had a product removed for something completely odd? Its been flagged for something irrelevant after even selling a bunch of them? Such as a disgruntle customer or someone holding a grudge against you?

I think its a bit unreasonable it has to be anonymous as well. One of my recent products was flagged for false advertisement. I always offer demos and can most likely be reached in-world all the time for a product demonstration. I consider myself very loyal to my customers. Without them I'd have no store! But I feel content creators are always being abused. You'd think LL would at least level the playing field!

TommyTom Jun wrote:

But I feel content creators are always being abused. You'd think LL would at least level the playing field!

They have, anyone can flag anyone for anything.

Don't forget, Merchants are thieving gits and customers are scammers.  You read about it all the time here.

There are quite a few rather long threads on that issue here, Tommy - but they're buried a bit and I don't think the search works very well.

Yes, some of us have experienced petty flagging.  It's not an issue for me currently, but could crop up again any day.

Did you have some instances?  or are you just thinking out loud? 

This seems to help:

Stay out of forum and stay away from other merchants inworld.

Lay low.  Do not ever represent your business as having success.

Do not ever piss anyone off, particularly a merchant.

Check your store several times a day - try to pinpoint when the flagging occurs - and if it's often - track it - keep a chart.

Send in a ticket to support and ask why an item was flagged.  At first, I did not want to bother them with this - but they have stated over and over again, that is acceptable procedure.

What you might see - is that your item is flagged for being in a wrong category, while there are dozens of other products similar to yours that get to remain in the same category.

We were told that if that is the case, then it is our "civic duty" to flag them as well.  Not to me.  Unless it's just blaring abuse (and sometimes it is) - I'm not going to spread the petty stuff on down the line.

Somehow, you probably messed up, pissed someone off, or made your store appear as if it was doing very well, and someone got peeved.  Or you introduced an amazing product that is threatening to someone who has good control of the market.  (I personally do not have this problem - I keep my stuff average - it's best that way :)   Or your price has undercut someone's product line.  Once that happens, they will watch what you list every single day.

If you make an item that doesn't fit well into any of the categories - you tough it out - or you make product that fits cleanly into a category, so that you don't have to be aggravated every time you list something.  I no longer list anything that doesn't fit cleanly into a category. 

When you send in your support tickets - be super nice.  Do not challenge.  Just do what they say.

Keep a record.  If it's abusive - then the record will be clear to the support center.

There are tricks you can use to catch them - but you will have to figure those out yourself.

If someone holds a grudge against you in this anonymous world - you're going to encounter more threatening issues than product flagging.  Always lay low.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4612 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.