Good News, Bad News

Alexi Raynier

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well the problem with sims being down after restarts appears to be over, but it has been replaced with another one just as bad.  After the restart the map appears to still show the sim as being down and it is impossible to teleport into it, although you can walk in from an adjacent sim.  Thus, for all effect the appearance that the sim is down is as bad as its being down.

Now we need to see if LL will address this issue or if tomorrow with the RC restarts we have the same problem repeate

This problem of the sim being active and running and appearing down on the map and unavialable for ports has now appeared both at Zerango and Nonhyun.  Sadly, the practical effects of this bug are the same as if the sim were down so we have to hope that LL does not choose to rest on self congratultory false laurels for fixing half the problem, and instead actually fixes the full problem before they make the same mess again tomorrow with the RC restarts.

I will certainly be glad if some of the restart  problems are over.  I have seen both problems you describe and several more variations.

Sim restarts, but is not visible nor accessible by TP from adjacent sim.  

Sometimes can be reached by TP from elswhere. 

Sometimes can only be reached if you login to that destination.

Sometimes shows as open on the map, but cannot be reached bu TP, only from adjacent sim or vbia login.

I have found that Customer Service responds prompty (within an hour) to a  ticket.

TKR 

since the restart my sim is borked when it comes to the search all its dropping people in the corner of the region and not displaying any details in the search all and i have tried restarting it since but still the same, have to wait till the search indexes again and hope that fixes it !

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.