Re-Deliveries

SweetMandy Kline

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4721 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Over the last few months I am noticing more and more that items purchased are not being delievered and Im wondering why this is happening.

Even when I am purchasing items from others, I have to go through every transaction to make sure I have received delivery of it. It's painful because I tend to buy in large batches, instead of a few items, here and there.

Is anyone else finding marketplace deliveries are failing more often then not?

thanks!

SMK

Not that it helps now, but to remember for the future:

(1) Don't overuse the shopping cart. It is easily confused if you put more than a couple of things in it.  This is a problem withe the Magic Box system, which is due to be replaced soon.  If a Magic Box is overly busy, or is on a lagging sim, it tends to drop orders.  I rarely put more than one item at a time in the shopping basket (actually, I do most of my buying in world) to avoid this problem.

(2) Don't buy things from Marketplace (especially LOTS of things) unless you are in world to receive them at the time. We each have an "in box" that holds IMs, notecards, group notices, group invitations, and anything that is delivered to us if we aren't in world at the time. That "in box" can only hold 25 things, total. If anything else comes in, it isn't saved. It is gone ... poof .... forever. If you have a mess of things delivered from Marketplace and half your friends send you notecards, that in box will be capped and you will never know what happened.

Rolig Loon wrote:

Not that it helps now, but to remember for the future:

(2) Don't buy things from Marketplace (especially LOTS of things) unless you are in world to receive them at the time. We each have an "in box" that holds IMs, notecards, group notices, group invitations, and anything that is delivered to us if we aren't in world at the time. That "in box" can only hold 25 things, total. If anything else comes in, it isn't saved. It is gone ... poof .... forever. If you have a mess of things delivered from Marketplace and half your friends send you notecards, that in box will be capped and you will never know what happened.

So if this MAX 25 item itembox limit that an SL account can receive without being processed (i.e. items, IMs, notecards, etc. coming to your account while you are offline) before it drops any further items is true, then here is a simple component of Magicbox script logic logic that could have possibly been added to the delivery function  by LL to reduce the % of delivery failures related to this issue...

The logic could have queried the receiver's inbox buffer to determine how full it is.  If 25 is the limit then maybe magic box could put the delevery on a delay / repeat attempt delivery every hour to check if the receiver's inbox has emptied / reduced enough to safely deliver the MP item.  If after 48 hours the item is unable to deliver due to this issue, a message could be sent to the Merchant indicating that the delivery failed after 48 hours of attempts and due to the receiver's accound being unable to recieve the item.

LL must have access to this inbox status.

Personally I get very very few delivery failires in MP most times... My biggest problem is when LL screws up MP's search / indexing so that my products are not as findable or whatever else MP is doing to cut my sales by 50% + since early August.

That's a very rational suggestion.  In fact, there are many problems with the Magic Box system, which is why it is about to vanish completely.  LL has essentially stopped trying to fix Magic Box deliveries for the past 6 months as a result. 

Like you, I almost never have delivery problems, either as a customer or as a merchant.  I suspect in both cases that it's because I never deal in large volume, so I don't put much strain on the system and neither do my customers.  Anecdotal evidence suggests that the people with the greatest bad luck are doing a high sales volume.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4721 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.