Issues with Second Life Viewer and Firestorm

Rachael Lundquist

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4244 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

HI there,

I have read this a lot in the forums here and there and I have taken several steps to try and solve this myself using other forum ideas... but alas I am at a loss.

Firstly I would like to say that I can run phoenix viewer v1.5.2.1185  perfectly well, no problems at all.

When I try and run the new updated version of second life or firestorm I am able to log in for all of a minute then my screen freezes and I am logged out.

Here are my system specs - 

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Intel Core i7 cu 930@2.80GHz (8 CPUs) ~2.8GHz

Memory 12288MB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250

I use Optusnet ADSL.   And yes I was using a netgear router but as they featured so frequently in any problems with second life I unplugged it and I am using the OPTUSNET standard issue Sagem Fast1201 V2 Optus ADSL modem.

I am at a loss.  I have fiddled with settings and...

I have lowered draw distance

I have lowered my graphics card setting

I have unplugged my netgear modem

I have turned off my computers firewall

I have configured my firewall using the official linden lab guidelines http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Configuring_your_firewall

Rebooted my optus modem

Defragged and cleaned out my computer

Uninstalled and reinstalled the viewer

Tried the Beta viewer.. (to no avail)

I just find this rather exhausting.  If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them.  

Thanks,

Rach

This means that it is a base LL problem - LL are currently working on issues associated with Viewer 3 crashing.  You could try installing a pre-October 2010 graphics driver as there are some problems with recent Nvidia drivers, or for now you may have to stick with \Viewer 1 or a viewer 1 based TPV.

• 11 months later...

Hi,  this thread may have been resolved, but i recently have had this problem of firestorm logging me out after a minute.  Only since moving house - the only change was i was using a different optus supplied modem with my old connection.   I was originally using a motorala 4200 with no problem but for my new connection i was supplied a sagecom optus branded on.

I replaced it with my own lynksys adsl modem and the problem went away instantly.

hope that helps!!

mrf.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4244 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.