New Premium Account rewards for signing up?

MarcMontana

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I recently purchased a Premium Account through Second Life with the understanding that as a sign up bo nus I would get a free house as well as an allowance of $L, I've also heard that I would get some other things, such as free land to place my house on.  Is this true?   If so, then when can I expect to get the land?

Or, am I totally mistaken so that Linden Lab/ Second Life can get even more money from me by charging for land to put  my new house on?  This would be a fairly good way to make more money if they choose.  (It is exactly like a guy who buys a new car just to get the free DVD player offered with the purchase.)

1 answer to this question

Kevin,

It's not a good idea to put your RL name and email in public forum posts.

But as for your question...

You are entitled to a free Linden Home.  You select your style, and you'll be assigned one.  If you don't like the location or the style, you can abandon it and select another.  You do not get "free land", other than the assigned parcel the Linden Home is built on.  You may, if you choose, NOT get a Linden Home, but find and purchase a 512 square meter parcel on the Mainland from another resident, or through the LL land auctions on this site.  You do not pay a monthly "tier" charge on this 512 m2 parcel.  You may purchase larger parcels, or more parcels, and pay tier based on the maximum amount of Mainland you own, less the free tier on the first 512 m2.  You can have a Linden Home, then later decide to abandon it and buy that tier-free 512 m2 of land elsewhere on the Mainland.

For more about Linden Homes, see http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Linden-Home-overview/ta-p/700103

You do get a weekly stipend of $L300, paid every Tuesday.  You also get a signup bonus of $L1,000, which will be paid 45 days after you sign up for Premium.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.