Beta Viewer 3.2.0 Crashes on Startup

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4576 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Penalver, I also use beta viewer 3.2.0 on a Mac but I've not yet had a problem crashing when starting it up. However, I don't doubt what you are saying as, the first time I started the beta viewer up, it was taking way too long to start so I just did a Force Quit.

I then when into my ~/Library/Application Support/ and ~/Library/Caches folders and completely deleted the SecondLife folder from both locations. Yes, this killed the preference settings, logs, and all of the various goodies that I had built up while using a previous viewer but it gave me a clean slate to start using the beta.

Once I did all of that, the beta viewer started up immediately and I've not had a problem since. Actually, in retrospect, it was a good idea to start from a clean slate as some of the preferences seems to have changed between 3.1 and 3.2. This is not without precedent; Phoenix tells its users to do a clean slate install between each release of their Firestorm viewer as things change between releases. If you don't want to trash all the old recorded conversations and/or logs, simply move them to another location that's not within the two hierarchies I mentioned above.

With regards to the buttons along the bottom... they are easily changed, which makes the 3.2 user interface a dream (as compared to 3.1 or earlier). Up under the Me menu, there is an option called Toobars...; click on that. The dialog box that pops up allows you to add to or take away from your HUD whatever buttons you'd like. You'll also notice that the areas along the edge of the screen turn blue, indicating that they are possible places for you to move buttons to your liking. By default the viewer ships with buttons along the left and bottom sides. Don't like it, move them off to the right. :) Works just like how I've seen non-Unity Linux and Mac OS X Dock positioning works.

Have fun. :)

Keli, I had the same problem.
What's more, although my machine configuration is good, I had problems with crash logger in teleport did not reach the targets.
was complicated, I recommend that you clean the cache, rather than the root folder else or work, left waitingfor these bugs are resolved soon by LL:matte-motes-smile:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4576 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.