How do I get passed the login VFS issue?

Patrish Vaher

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4585 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have been downloading viewer after viewer and they all screw up at the VFS thing for the login and instantly crash without letting me through. How do I fix this issue so I can log in?

Still not working... after the clear cache.

But thanks to Knowl's hard work I figured out what was causing it... It's not the cache... It's not the viewer... It was a simple need to update ones Graphics within their computer and also the Driver. Which he helped for hours on end to search for sites that allow you to do such things for free.

I humbly thank Knowl Paine and suggest their help with ANYTHING you might have problems with. They helped me till the problem is resolved and doesn't once give up on you.

Thanks to everyone else who helped. Maybe this question will come up to others with my same issue and these tips might help them too.

3 answers to this question

quoting PeeWee:

You need to clear your cache manually.

(XP) - C: - Documents and Settings - (USER NAME) - AppData - SecondLife
(Vista) - C: - Users - (USER NAME) - AppData - Local - SecondLife
(Win 7) - C: - Users - (USER NAME) - AppData - Roaming - SecondLife

Delete the contents of the folder and restart.

NOTE: You may need to go to Windows Tools > Folder Options > View & enable Show Hidden Files/Folders, in order to see AppData folder.

Edit: A link with additional data

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Viewers/Second-Life-Viewer-2-crashes-after-initialising-VFS/qaq-p/975677

• Like 1

Hello Patrish and welcome to SL Forums. Known problem, you will fix it if you clear your cache manually as Knowl already mentioned. So (assuming that you run Windows Vista or 7 - if not, post your OS) delete all contests at the following folders and restart your computer :

C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife and

C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ Secondlife

Usually the folder Appdata is a hidden folder. (Windows Tools \ Folder Options \ View & enable Show Hidden Files/Folders). If you want to keep your private conversations in world which are saved in your computer, move the folder with your name into the folder SecondLife in another position. The folder is: C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife \ patrish_vaher

If you have more than 1 viewers in your computer do the same for all them following same paths in your hard disk. For example: C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ PhoenixViewer

• Like 1

In addition to the excellent answers here, download ONE viewer and install AFTER you have uninstalled all your viewers and deleted the cache areas.  Some viewers will share a cache area unless you specify a separate one for each.  Each viewer MUST have it's own cache area or you will run into other problems.

Good luck!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4585 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.