The Latest viewer is non functional

Coventina Dalgleish

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4575 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Second Life 3.1.0 (243176) Oct 16 2011 12:16:07 (Second Life Release) does not work

Mesh is not uploadable

Data is missing

can not change the LOD levels always defaults to 1

You people need to sit down take a deep breath adjust your headgear and quit making silly changes like the

auto mouse movement , btw I tried to follow your instructions on how to return to the normal default state,

but it seems someone forgot to add the little check boxes in the specified locations maybe I am blind I am getting old

You have heard this a million times  PULL IT OUT please the last viewer had bugs but was at least functional

Maybe there is data missing from your mesh, and it's not uploadable. How long did it take you to determine that it's Linden Labs' fault?

Try reviewing the requirements for mesh uploads, and checking for those in your model. Also, try uploading a simple cube with no complex information like materials on it, but with a UV map. If this doesn't work, then you have a problem, but I doubt it won't since I have had plenty of success uploading complicated meshes with materials, UV maps, over 2000 faces, 4 LOD's from files, and even edge splits.

Try not to insult the creators of a game (world) you enjoy. If you enjoy it, you should be glad they made it, and willing to accept what changes they make to their creation, because they have every right to do with it what they will.

And everyone who uses their creation has the right to let them know when things don't work...that's what this forum is for (among other things). All I can say is the latest viewer 3.1 isn't exactly a great improvement in my experience, plenty of issues with viewing and uploading, things that worked perfectly well in 3.0.

Well it is very apparent when a mesh uploaded the day before in the previous version of the viewer had no problems and in the new viewer it will upload but no data is presented LOD levels can not be modified and it costs 10 times the amount to upload and I am sure the prim load will be masiive the previous model had a load of 4 prims. I will not pay 10 times the amount to find out sorry

Maybe the sun will risein the West  I am not sure but when things work properly it always appears in the East

Hatchet Vernon wrote:

Try not to insult the creators of a game (world) you enjoy. If you enjoy it, you should be glad they made it, and willing to accept what changes they make to their creation, because they have every right to do with it what they will.

Don't forget that some people PAY money to the lab so that they can be permitted to play with the labs train set.  Not only do people pay money, they invest time and resources into businesses here.  Most businesses would not survive if they adopted the change control (or lack of) that LL implements.

It's one thing to say that SL is fun and we enjoy it (as do I) but it's another to put LL on a pedestal almost implying that we're not worthy and should be grateful they bothered.  They are a company in business to make money.  We pay that money, that seems often forgotten.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4575 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.