I am not paying money and I am new How do I make my avatare

Vampiregoddess22

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4730 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

You weren't sucked into anything.  Your account came with an avatar.  There are several others in the Library section of your inventory that you can use if you want.  Most of the starter avatar are set to mofify (which means you can modify it to make it more to your liking if you prefer.........if your avatar is not modifible then try one of the others in your Library that is).  People can use SL and never spend a cent of real money.........even for years.  If you were looking for an easy way to get anything in SL without paying some real money, then you chose the wrong "game". 

Try playing any game on the Internet for completely free (which is what I think you expected).........you ain't going to find many.  The ones you will find offer a whole lot less for free than Second Life.  If you truly feel that you were suckered into something, then you need to get a real life perspective on things in this world.

You can get a ton of free things in SL, the quality will vary but for starting out there is no need to spend money. Explore and see if SL is for you.  After you have been in SL some time you might feel differently about spending some linden, particularly in upgrading your avatar appearance or finding a home to use as a base point or to even host parties for friends.  But to start, take advantage of al the freebies and see how you like the world,  And as for being sucked into something...it is always your choice to stay or leave.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4730 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.