SL 3.0 DNS Error

Ivory Rexen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4159 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

"Login failed. DNA could not resolve the host name."

I started off with SL 1.something, then downloaded 3.whatever (latest version). I got this error when I tried to log on. Then I downloaded 2.2.0 and it let me log in, but then I got a message that upgrading to 3.whatever was required! So I did that and guess what, back tot he DNS error. Linden labs, pleae fix this.

Very frustrated... :matte-motes-sour:

• 5 months later...

I'v been getting this a lot too. I generally use singularity, however there are a few features they just dont have yet that I wanted to try out. Exodus, main viewer, catznip, all of them DNS me to death. Reset the router, set it to the google dns, rebooted my machine so many times it dont even ask if I'm sure anymore (jokes) but seriously this issue is quite real and quite annoying. Could it be the ISP? (I use charter) or perhaps the type of windows (windows 7 pro 64 bit (upgrade version)) or some other minor detail that eludes everyone but causes major headaches to a lot of folks. 2.0 based viewers work fine (nirans viewer, firestorm, etc.) but I dont much care for the 2,0 interface. Sticking with singularity for now (Amen to loggin in) but would love to be able to see whats up with 3,0.

More recent viewers use a variety of internet connections beyond the main SL connection to access things like search and profiles. One "helper" program is called SLplugin.exe. You may have a firewall that's blocking one of these accessory connections. That's why you can still log in with an older viewer.

• 7 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4159 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.