Updater?

Ani Aunerfal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4581 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello. I've been trying to contact fellow merchants and builders about this for ages - i'm looking for a way to be able to automatically send out updates for products I make. going through the order history and redelivering each item by hand is not very practical.

Thanks!

Take a look at Zanara Zenovka's "Postmaster"  which is on Marketplace. 

There are basically two choices, either the customer rezzes the object/it has a timer that checks or they press an Update button and that contacts an update service to see if they have th latest version.

or, you pro-actively send out a replacement.

Both of these have pros and cons.  The first one does not require that you maintain a list of customers but does require that the objects have an update script in them.  The second requires no update script but requires that you maintain a list of customers.  Beware of products that send "blind" without determining if the recipient is online.  If they're offline and have messages capped, they will NOT receive your new product.  Whenever i've done mail outs, the statistics indicate that only about 8 to 12% at best are ever online so if you assume that many of the remaining 90% or so have capped IM's that's an awful lot of customers who won't get your mail out.

There are many such update server type of products that would work as the first example, you'll find them on the marketplace.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4581 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.