Blender & Sculpts > Help please?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4583 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all.  I have started to learn how to make a sculpt in blender.  I have Python active and Primstar and that seems to work fine.  Once I create the sculpt map it says that it saves it in targa formal into the blender folder.  However, when i look into the folder the file is NOT there. :( What can I possibly be doing wrong?

Thanks hor helping me....noob builder and all that....

Hi Barbarella. Once you have the rainbow coloured sculpt map baked in the UV window, try going to File >Export > Second Life LSL (to directory).

You will get a directory window open which you scroll to wherever you want the map and LSL file saved - best not to leave it in the generic Blender location as you'll end up with a clutter and struggle to find anything once you're up to speed in creating sculpts. That should generate the tga map and lsl text file.

After that I generally don't bother with the lsl and just upload the tga - lossless format - and drop it on a sculptie prim then adjust size and orientation to match the Blender model.

Hope that helps.

If you have the UV sculptie map showing on the screen it's v. hard to say without seeing it. If it's purchased JASS version of Primstar, best ask in the Blender JASS/Primstar group - Gaia will probably help if she's in. Otherwise, it's a process of elimination where the glitch is - could be faulty initialisation - and maybe reinstall is the final solution.

Test with basic Primstar sculpt mesh without doing any work on changing its shape.

Hi Barbarella

Carbon is right....create a folder on your desktop "SL UV Maps" or something...then create your sub folders in there for all your different projects...as for the UV map...If you can see the rainbow colored map on the split screen, save the image from that split screen..."Image > Save As" here you can save it as .targa to the new folder you make on your desk top...hope this helps.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4583 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.