Sculpt problem , using jass magic ( blender ) does not appear well in second life

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4585 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello , so it is not my first time working with torus sculpts in Jass Magic and 1 time on 3 i get this effect , the edges are all "squarish" , this only hapens when i use the torus sculpt ... it works when it feels like it , is it the jass program or something i do rong ?

IN BLENDER ( No problem there )

Blender shot.jpg

IN SECOND LIFE ( Big problem :P )

Second life shot.jpg

That's about what I would expect.

You might be able to get it a little bit more round by resizing the map.

If it's at 64x64, you might first try reducing it to 32x32 and then enlarging it again.

You can also try pushing resolution from one axis to the other (without the 32x32 thing) by resizing 64x64 to 32x128 or 128x32, or greater extremes. 

If the part you find to be too angular is near the center of the map, you might try to export the map at maximum size, size it up some more and apply an explode function (I use Lunapic) before sizing it back down.

The explode function essentially preserves all the RGB coordinates but makes the gradients steeper in some places and less steep in other places, so the total shape of the object will change very little under maximum resolution. The advantage under lower resolutions (such as as rendered in SL with only 1024 data points) of the explode function is that it pushes more data points to the part of the shape where you need more definition, assuming they are near the center. You'll lose definition other places, though. 

As always, if you'll either post what you have now or send it to me in-world, I'll be happy to try to improve it, and I'll send you the results at no charge.

Thank you josh i will give it a try , but i want it exacly as in the picture i'm a little perfectionist and wont sell it unless i get all my angles right .

But i have to ask  ... do you have an idea why it does that ? i did tops with more details then this one using torus as well and they came out great in second life , why with some of them it doesnt . That is what i find it a little weird .

Because i am a little tired of working hours on an item and that i can't be sure anymore of how it will come out .

I love mutires.  ITs a great tool.  Thing is that SL has only 3 levels of LOD.  So if your applying 10 levels of multires,  your not gonna see in blender what you will see in SL.  3 levels of multires= 3 levels of SL LOD.  now if you think about this relationship you might realize that multirez will allow you to see what happens to your sculpts as the LOD drops.  At least that is what I used to do but I was using 2.49 at the time. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4585 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.