Please help...

AzrielAngel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4589 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I thought I would finally join this thing after a few years of hearing about it from friends and such...  But when I download what it says I need to, I try to open it, and nothing, it says opening for about 2 seconds, then nothing at all... I do not even know where to start to trying to get it to load... a tip or something would be great...

Hiya.

Check your compatability mode settings if you are running Windows 7. 

Right click the Viewer's icon on your desktop.  Choose properties and then select the compatability tab.  Set to Windows XP Service Pack 3 and see if that helps.

Try another viewer (such as Pheonix) and see if that works for you.  If another viewer also will not work for you, then you can narrow the problem down to your machine/network.  Make sure all your drivers and service packs (for your operating system) are up to date.

If this still does not resolve the issue, take a look at the system requirements page (although this is perhaps outdated a little) and see if your computer meets minimum specs. 

Check this thread regularly for more detailed advice from others (in the meantime, please post your computer specs so others can help you more readily).

If you will give some system specs you'll stand a better chance of getting help that is much more than wild guesses.  Launch your viewer but don't log in.  Under the "Help" menu on the log in page click on "About Second Life".  On the pop up you'll see your system specs.  Copy those and paste back here.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4589 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.