When is mesh a mesh and when is it a mash.?

Lasher Oh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4656 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Has anyone else had trouble with items being flagged because they included the word 'mesh' in their keywords in relation to  fishnet and webbed clothing.

Now that Mesh as a 3D visulisation feature has been intoduced it would appear that some folks out there feel that the legitimate use of the word elsewhere should now be considered an offense.

^L^

Ouch.

Too bad that is happening... this confusion & frustration is Lindens fault I think for providing no way of searching just for the mesh items yet. Although a merchant can flag their item as "100% mesh" or "partial mesh" there is still no search function to take advantage of this datafield's existence!

Seems kinda silly really.

I've tried myself to search for mesh on marketplace (all you can do is type "mesh" as a search term), but the true mesh items are just strewn amongst a jumble of non-relevant non-mesh results. Not any merchant's fault really as this isn't intentional miscategorization at all, just poor site implementation in this respect.

I'd be certain Lindens will improve this soon, but it's definitely an annoying facet of marketplace at the moment.

My "keyword spam texture" still hasn't been flagged, even though it very conspicuously uses the word "mesh" in a searchable way.

This tells me that the flaggers DO know EXACTLY what they're doing when they take the word "mesh" as an excuse to flag something.

My product isn't competing with theirs. 

Yours is.

"My "keyword spam texture" still hasn't been flagged, even though it very conspicuously uses the word "mesh" in a searchable way."

LOL I'd  help you out and flag it for you Josh but I just can't bring myself to flag anything. Would be breaking my habit of a lifetime. Don't snitch won't snitch :-)

What it does prove to me is that if keyword flagged items are, as claimed, actually reviewed by a humanoid before they are arbitrarily  removed then that self same 'person' might as well be a bot, because from what I see, time and again is an over active trigger finger removing items without so much as a hint of explanation as to why apart from the auto generated message sent out once the remove button has been pressed.

To be honest I'd prefer it to be an auto response because the thought of someone actually deliberately making such dumb decisions over there in Linden Towers is a touch embarrassing. I feel sorry for them really.

^L^

I'm no flagger.

But I WILL flag any item in which the text is clearly constructed to deceive people into viewing the item.

I WILL NOT flag any item that has some reason to show a word that has a different meaning which is more common.

I now believe that some human at LL is at least reviewing the flagging of my own products, but I stand by everything that I said in previous threads about the delisting of my seamless box sculpt product; that if they were not actually using a bot to process the flag delistings, they should have been doing so because it would be cheaper and couldn't do any worse in terms of intelligent decision-making.

I never got an admission that the item had been delisted automatically, but I EVENTUALLY got a statement that the category it was in when they delisted it had been an acceptable listing category for the product. 

Part of the idea with the keyword spam texture is that it sort of forces LL to actually look at what gets flagged before they delist it. If they don't, I should expect such an item to be repeatedly flagged and delisted, creating ample opportunity for me to publicly ridicule the flagging/delisting process even more than I already have. 

I reckon I will need to place a disclaimer on all my mesh garment listings, stating that they are not related to 3D Mesh, hopefully that will deter the trigger fingers of irate flaggers who were looking for  works from the new mesh kids on the block.

Looks like this should be a training topic for that listing review team we are told exists.

^L^

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4656 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.