Can't Do Anything

inkedsurfer85

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4592 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm brand new to this, so hopefully this makes sense.  When I log in, there is nothing in my destination guide, I am unable to update my profile, and cannot do anything besides walk around the welcome island.  When I try to teleport anywhere, the whole program crashes.  Please help, I'm very frustrated.

Ok, so I'm now logging in in advanced mode, but I still cannot do anything.  I get an SSL Handshake error when I click on my home icon, my profile still won't load, and I get logged out when I try to teleport somewhere.  Also, someone mentioned SL viewer 3, I have viewer 2.  If I need viewer 3, please tell me how to DL it.

2 answers to this question

Hello inkedsurfer and welcome to SL and SL Forums. I assume you loged in Basic Mode with Viewer 3. Relog in Advanced Mode. You find the option at the top right corner of your sceen beside the SL Time. In Basic Mode you can teleport Teleport to a variety of preset destinations in Second Life. Check out also the following link:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Getting-started-with-advanced-mode/ta-p/1114961/message-revision/1114961:14

Have fun!

inkedsurfer85 wrote:

I'm brand new to this, so hopefully this makes sense.  When I log in, there is nothing in my destination guide, I am unable to update my profile, and cannot do anything besides walk around the welcome island.  When I try to teleport anywhere, the whole program crashes.  Please help, I'm very frustrated.

Hi Ink!  Make sure you are not in basic mode.  You can checnge this on the login screen!

Peace!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4592 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.