SL stopped working - please help? :(

ice789

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4591 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hello, I need help pretty bad, and if anyone can help me it would be awesome and I would be eternally grateful.

So...Today all seemed well on going into SL during the early noontime. I hibernated my computer before class. When it ended, I tried going onto SL before my next class...only to find it get stuck at the initializing before the windown opened. trying various methods, it all fell to naught as it refused to open. here is what exactly happens every other time I try to open the viewer.

It goes through the initializing, and then the second life crash logger opened. After it opened and tried something, another window opened, called win_crash_logger.exe. and then it looked to solve a problem, though I didn't even know my comp has a problem. Now, afterwards, it leaves this message: "A problem caused this program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify if a solution is available."

no solution yet has arrived as I close the window and then close second life.

I cannot count how many times on both my hands that I have attempted to correct anything. My wife keeps suggesting that it may be the graphics card, but this has never yet been a problem. I had a friend glance at it but he couldn't figure out crap, no offense to him. I've tried and tried, I've uninstalled and reinstalled SL, restarted my computer, tried various wireless settings, two of which worked in the past.

So far nothing has worked as said before. This cubi is in a most upset mood, on the verge of tears, and desperately need some help to try to get SL back into working order. Before I grab something alcoholic to block out the frustration, please for the love of all that is good someone help! :(

tyvm for your time ^w^

~Ice

It could be the infamous recent GPU driver problem if you have an Nvidia graphics card - see https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SH-2240.

A way to test this is to set your graphics preferences to 'Low' at the login screen before you login.  If you do this and you get further through the login process it is probable that this is the cause.

If you never reach the login screen it is not this problem.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4591 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.