New player problems - Avatar constantly bugging :(

Fox Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4634 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello!

I've come back to Second life after a long while gone, I only played a week or so back in 2006.  But my bags are full of stuff I bought back then. 

Now I notice everytime I try and play 1 in 3 times I change area's I get the bug where you get stuck as a glowy egg.  I can fix it with a cashe clear in game most times, or with a cashe clear and a default model reset but my goodness its irritating!  I can't really go many places when I spent all my time fixing my avatar.   Recently I've got a bug where I can't add attachments. I can change clothes/body etc as long as its not an attachment - I click them and nothing happens!  Argggh.

Please help, is it a conflict with something I'm wearing or in my bags, do you think?  It's driving me mad!  Thanks in advance. :)

It's most likely that since 2006 SL has "outgrown" your computer and hardware (even your connection to the Internet).  First thing to try would be a video driver update.  Also reboot your router and modem.  Do that by unplugging the devices from their electrical source for 3 to 5 minutes then plugging them back in.  When the lights settle to their normal blinking routine reboot your computer and try SL again.

--||-

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4634 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.