I created an account and I get message "second life cannot be accessed from this computer"

Dick Slaughter

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

Hello and welcome to SL Forums.

The message generally indicate you have been blocked from the Second Life servers by Linden Lab as the result of:

• Documented cases of fraud
  • Use of Second Life by a minor
  • Exceptionally flagrant abuse activity

Note that someone else in your household may be responsible for this activity, not necessariliy with your account. 

If you believe that this is an error, submit a support ticket via the support portal. To help customer support determine what block has been placed and why, include in the ticket your Second Life account name and any Second Life accounts that log in from your location.

Good luck.

There are many (well not really many but several) things that would throw that message.  Normally, the message means that the computer/location has been put in hold (at the very least) or banned (at the worse).  Whatever brought the issue up is only known by Linden Lab........so they are the only ones who can answer your questions.  No one here has access to anyone else's accounts and cannot help you "fix" it.  Submit a support ticket and wait for LL to respond is the only thing you can do and the only thing anyone here can constructively suggest for to do.

As Love posted there are some possible reasons for the message.  One other that I heard about some time ago is that someone bought a computer from someone who was banned by LL for cause..........as far as I know that person never was able to log in using that computer.  That is a possibility.  LL does make mistakes but that's pretty rare when it comes to bans (perhaps that's why people always says LL doesn't ban anyone......they do, but after some pretty serious investigation).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.