Hi, how do I make my linked sculpted stairs phantom (as child sculpted prim)?

Luhkey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4607 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've tried the script provided free here:  http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Phantom_Child

The basic one doesn't work for sculpts.. so I tried the "Advanced" one... but it turns my sculpt into a huge blob and the texture is turned totally grey.

Can someone help?  Maybe a link to a phantom child sculpt script that works?

EDIT:  Thank you very much to Innula (hope I spelled that right)... This works!  If I transfer the build to someone else, will that sculpted staircase stay phantom?

1 answer to this question

There's an issue with the advanced one, in that it only works for full-perm objects (because it tries to read the texture uuids for both the sculptmaps and the textures on the prims, and it can only do that if the object is full perms for the owner).

I'm a bit surprised you couldn't get the basic one to work (it works fine for me), but try this.   You have to put it into the prim you want to phantom before you link it up, and that prim must not be the root prim.   The script will work its magic and then delete itself.   This method can cause strange behaviour if other scripts in the build are trying to detect collisions, but, other than that, it should do the trick.

default{	state_entry()	{		llVolumeDetect(TRUE);		llRemoveInventory(llGetScriptName());	}}

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4607 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.