Build Copy Selected Problem

Ciaran Laval

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4666 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've uploaded a mesh cube, assigned materials to each face, accidentally made it so my textures fit on a 1:1 ratio, by accidentally I mean I pressed e in blender whilst in the UV window and the box for the face resized to the size of my texture, which means my UV layout isn't how it first was but it's a cube and it works so I'm not sweating that yet.

Anyway if I use the inworld tools to copy my selected mesh by usiing build copy selected, alignment is out. For example my original 2 x 2 mesh cube is at 155.598 my copied one comes in at 153.653, not 153.598.

Is this expected behaviour with Mesh? It's not a biggie so I didn't want to create a Jira about it and it may be that I'm missing something with how mesh is calculated.

With prims, copy selection uses havoks physical bounding box(and a bunch of math) to locate the next "copy selected" prim. Every time they change havok versions copy selection breaks in some way.

I would guess that the feature still relies on your objects physical shape. I have also seen some complications with mesh physics shapes. When a shape is uploaded with a model, they line up by sharing the same center point. This gets complicated when your model is asymmetric.

I suggest reuploading your model with no physics and uploading the physic shape separately, make it alpha, use the edit window to align perfectly inworld and link. This should align physics shape and the model. Just go back and set the visual model parts to physics shape "none ", and PE/land cost will be the same.

If that does not work, definitely jira worthy. Point at Simon, he is master of copy selection fixes.

• Like 1

Tried your suggestion Alisha but had exactly the same results, I'm reluctant to create a Jira as it's almost certainly something I'm doing wrong, I'm a real noob at this, I never created sculpts and have only just started with Blender, as much fun as it is, the texturing issues are driving me nuts!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4666 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.