Need a guide...any offers?

WindsorGirl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4612 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi. I'm here kind of advertising/begging for help. I need a guide. I really want to get into Second Life but I'm finding it almost impossible to get around or to know what to do or where to go? Is there any kind soul out there who would have the time and patience to guide me around and hep me out? Pretty please?

Welcome to SL! I'd be happy to help you around, if no one else has responded as of yet. Send me a message inworld; you can find me under "Ariel Vuissent" in search. I'll keep an eye on this thread, so let me know if you're not sure how to find me and I'll help. I tried to find you inworld, but couldn't. Is "WindsorGirl" your name inworld?

Hi there,

Thanks so much for your reply...I'm really grateful for any help you can give. I'm normally not so absolutely dumb but with SL I just get completely lost. I've tried but can't even find a way to search for you there. It seems I'm truly as blonde as my avatar! :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

My name is WindsorGirl there, although I think you and I may have a time difference, so I'm going to try again much later (I'm in the UK). Hope to catch up with you really soon. Thanks again x

Oh, yes. U.S., Eastern Standard Time here, so a definite time difference! I was sleeping ^_^;; SL has an extremely steep learning curve, so don't feel bad; took me a while to figure out how to walk, when I first started!

I'll see if I can find you on search again; maybe it was just being stubborn. I'm assuming you're using the official viewer from Linden Labs? There should be a magnifying glass icon somewhere on either the bottom or side of your screen (I use a different viewer, so mine's on the bottom). Clicking that takes you to search, and then you just type into the "search" field and hit enter.

If all else fails, just start poking buttons. If you mess something up, rest assured that someone else has done the same thing, and can fix it for you ^_^

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4612 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.