Problems with the current LL viewer

Coventina Dalgleish

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4599 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Mesh is certainly the wave of the future the big question is when.

I could not use the previous version at least with 3.03 I can log in and not crash. Log in is a misnomer as it takes 10 minutes to fully load.

After it loads I have a 33% chance of being ruthed and forced to go through the character test drama.

I do like mesh but it is also problematical as to whether the program will keep the object rezzed I have had several just poof

then the sim takes a while to release the prim load.

As far as lag goes all seems normal sometimes good sometime bad there is never a constant for establishing a base line.

I am no fan of the carnival display it would be nice to have a third option for builders  bare bones without the segmented local chat window I am sure it is just as irritating but do not stay long in the viewer so I have no experience.

No matter, with Ctrl and the mouse weel i can zoom in your micro text lol.

Hi there you are not alone.

When version 3.7.3 came out and later 2.8 i hear and see many similar complaints. Even for users with the most up-to-date computers.

One of the problems is that HTTP textures does not work well for many. What i did understand it depends on routers. You can try to do without the HTTP option.

Make sure you login as Advanced. After login, in the Advanced menu or Development menu ( you can activate those menus in your preferences ) turn off HTTP textures. For me it makes a grand world of a difference. 

HTTP textures has been introduced since 2.0, but i always had it turned off and all loaded normal very fast.

!! However, still 2.7.3 and up with 3 there is a container ship full with bugs !! I simply started to refuse all of those viewers.

Many went back to 2.7.2, and even 1.23.5 ( like me ) but still try to turn off HTTP... even in version 2.

Dynamic shadows of course does have a heavy impact on performance too. You might turn them off in your Graphic Preferences ( Ctrl Shift P ) or ( Cmd Shift P for Mac )

Good luck. 

For me it has worked wonders.

I don't understand why LL actually does not see why they have been making all worse than ever. I think they have too many staff by now who hardly to not ever use SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4599 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.