Any news about fixes - any news about anything - pleeeeeeease!

Lasher Oh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4665 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Josh Susanto wrote:

I think Rodvik may still just be trying to get a proper handle on things.

If SL is still ultimately profitable, one could argue (for a while yet, anyway), that, as a whole, it is not "broken".

Replacing people is a bigger "fix" than replacing code, so even if the code is broken, there's a danger of breaking the deeper (still profitable) company infrastructure by trying to fix what is arguably "not broken" anyway.

But the "aint broke" idea is something, which, if Rodvik is applying that, I must implore him not to apply.

It's the equivalent of the Captain of the Titanic thinking "why would we hit an iceberg when we've never hit one before?".

There's a black swan for
YOU, Rod
, just beyond the event horizon, and it's got precious little to do with any specific piece of code. Look for gravity wells. Looks for Hawking radiation. It's all there. Other Lindens are inevitably seeing it if you can just get them to say so.

ASK.

Josh,

There is a well known saying and philosophy practiced by MOST effective Sr. Management...

"You can only pull the NOOB Card for 100 days - after that its excuses".

If you are saying Rodvik is still trying to figure LL out then it speaks for his weakness.

As much as I am losing my initial excitement and confidence in Rodvik in being able to shift LL out of its harmful Contagion startup culture, I dont think he is still trying to figure out LL.

He knows the strengths and weakness of LL already.  The question is if Rodvik - coming from EA - fits more into the "Gamer" "Tech Fiddling" "Awed by Shiny New Toys" mentality or if he has what it takes to break the immature bad habbits culture that is harming LL now.

I am starting to see that Rodvik is more of a Game Player / Tech Geek then a Business Operations Cleanup man.

As such, for all us current customers of LL, dont expect any improvements in:

• Customer Service
  • Respecting the Customer
  • Improving processes
  • improving quality software / service deployment development.

What I understood from his speech was that SL is losing more users not coming through the front door than what they are losing out the back door due to bad service, or, if not actual users, at least the revenue they would be expected to provide.

If he's still focused on getting the front door fixed, that may make good mathematical sense from the numbers he's seeing in terms of per-user revenue and avatar age.

If that's what's happening, the commerce team probably better get their act together before the front door gets fixed, or they better find a way to keep it broken.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4665 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.