I created my secondlife account in union city, but i can't access the game here in atlanta

princeg2921

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4607 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

9 answers to this question

It probably doesn't have anything to do with the IP.  But it may have a lot to do with the network you are accessing from.  You created your account in Union City (I assume that's a city in Georgia).  Is Union City your normal home?  Or did you create your account while on the road and temporaryily staying at Atlanta?  Logic tells me its the former.......your home is Union City and Atlanta is a temporary location.  That brings up a couple potential issues.  First being that your home has a home network and you have complete control over the router (nothing is blocked) and Atlanta is a public network (such as a motel or hotel wireless network).  The public network could have access to high data transfer sites or programs blocked (SL is a very high data transfer program).  Then there's the speed of the network.  Public networks typically have many connections shared via one connection..........all those connections are shared equally and speeds are often quite slow (that is not something SL needs).  At home you may have a hard connection (an Ethernet cable).  On the road you are almost certain to be using a wireless connection...........and wireless is never as fast as Ethernet.

Just some ideas.

• Like 1

Then it's pretty much the same thing. Your mom's computer is a completely different computer, on a completely different network, accessing via a completely different ISP. There are untold variables that could make accessing SL difficult (or impossible). First thing I would look at is if your mom has sites or certain types of programs blocked. It could be her firewall or her anti-virus. All this may be more effort than it's worth........how long are you planning to viisiting your mom?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4607 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.