Cant run SL on HP DV6 with dual GPUs

BanRock

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4612 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all, I can't get SL to run on my HP DV6, it has the following specs: Intel Core i3-2310m CPU 4 GB DDR3 Dedicated AMD Radeon HD 6490m - 1GB Intergrated Intel GPU for runing on batt power. I just can't get SL to run in high performance mode:( Anyone have a similar set up?? Many thanks in advance :)

Hi all, I can't get SL to run on my HP DV6, it has the following specs: Intel Core i3-2310m CPU 4 GB DDR3 Dedicated AMD Radeon HD 6490m - 1GB Intergrated Intel GPU for runing on batt power. I just can't get SL to run in high performance mode:( Anyone have a similar set up?? Many thanks in advance :)

I'm having the same problem with my Dell Inspirion Laptop with dual-core.

It says I don't have some kind of system driver and then refused to install. I'm totally locked out of SL at this time for several weeks since I can't v3 to install.  And now my home desktop computer with a single cpu is having the same issue.

Which makes using SL totally out of the question now since I have no computer that will run the new SLv3, and it refuses to login with the older version.

Any details on how to solve this would be helpful. I just don't have the money to run out and upgrade all my computers just to use SL.

Thanks

try downloading the video driver from the maker of your videocard website. usually the drivers from Microsoft dont support 3D so well, they have just the basic functions enabled.

you can find what type of videocard you have under Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > Display Adapters.

once you find out the name of your videocard, you can write it down and look for the drivers on the internet.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4612 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.