NVIDIA 555M driver not working with SL

Nany Kayo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4625 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

NVIDIA 555M GPU driver installed on high end laptops is not working with SL.  Older drivers give a very low frame rate, fps < 10.  The most recent driver available from NVIDIA (280.26) won't run SL at all.  Does anyone have news on when this is going to be fixed?  (Please someone say it is already fixed and ready to download.)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Still looking for a resolution to this and will post if I get one.  Dell in particular is going to be hearing a lot from me since they took $2500 from me for a laptop I can't use. 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

10-03-2011

I might have found a work around that I am still testing.  Using the latest nVidia 555M driver from the nVidia website (version 280.26) I seem to be able to run SL with high FPS most of the time by clearing the cache every time I start SL.  It may also matter to powercycle the computer (not just restart it but turn it off and back on.)  Seems to be running SL about three out of four tries.

2 answers to this question

I had the same problem.  This worked for me.  I researched the Nvidia site and this was the answer.  Download this driver from the Nvidia site:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook-win7-winvista-64bit-275.50-beta-driver.html

Then go into your Control panel.. display settings... nvidia icon... and set your global settings to the 555m that will make it default.

To be extra sure you start with the 555m, when you start your viewr.. right click and choose the 555m.

worked like a dream for me

Good luck!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4625 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.