Alphas wont load with Lighting and Shadows setting on?

Andy Greenstein

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4601 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey everyone.  I was just at HAPPY HIPPO trying to learn some stuff and I was having the hardest time building a potted plant.  For some reason i could not see the alpha texture I created.  Occasionally it would appear until i moved it too much and it would disappear again.  I decided to clear my cache manually and to see if it would fix my problem.

It did! Or so I thought.  I went into prefrences, graphics, advanced, and maxed out everything.  I applied the settings and went back to my plant and it was gone again.  I tried to load another one and i saw the alpha texture this time.  I deleted it and since then I cant get another one to load on my screen correctly.  I just see the plant pot, not the plant itself.  I can see the plant on my girlfriends computer so i know its there. 

I'm sure this isn't a performance problem.  I have a $2500 gaming computer I built myself, and I have never had any problem running SL with the settings maxed out. 

My PC setup is as follows.

Processor: Intel i5 2500K Sandy Bridge 4 core overclocked to 4500Mhz.

Graphics: 2x GTX 570's in SLI overclocked

Memory: G Skills RipJaw DDR3 1600mhz 8Gbs

HDD: 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black SATA III 6mbs/second

Amy ideas?  The weird thing is,  am sure I have seen other alpha textures in game.  No problems or anything.  I really would like the play with shadows on.  It makes the game look 100x better. 

Thanks

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

Andy. I get this very same issue when turning the Lighting and Shadows settings on. Trees no longer have leaves for these textures are alpha. I lov ethe shadows and lighting; however, I lose many textures when set. I've tried logging out, clearing cashe (manually as well) and teleporting. If you find something that works, please let me know!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4601 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.