Texturing uv map problem

Jacki Silverfall

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4774 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This evening I was practicing uv unwrapping and using paint shop to texture my map. But all the edges are still showing. I used the fill bucket but it didn't cover the lines/edges.

I marked the seams then switched it to faces and selected all the object. Then unwrapped the object and proceeded to save and load into paintshop. The only thing I can think I might be doing wrong is selecting all instead of individual faces.

My monkey head was all lines and the tutorial was covered completely.

Any help would  be appreciated.

eta using blender 2.59

Hi Jacki,  I don't use paint shop and I'm not exactly understanding what you are experiencing, but I'll throw a few questions out and hopefully someone else who knows better will chime in.

Are you seeing the seams on your texture?  Frequently you have to paint a margin a bit outside the lines that define your UV islands), or your seams may show. Don't paint right u p to the edge, paint over them a bit.

I know in photoshop the fill bucket has a tolerance setting.  If you set it too low it only fills small areas respecting things such as lines as boundries.  If you increase the tolerance setting they it will flood the entire area as you would expect.

If you are seeing all the edges on top of your textured mesh when you reimport it to Blender and assign it to your object, then you perhaps have a setting within blender to adjust, and I wouldn't think those edges would be seen in SL.

If none of these are the case, perhaps a screen shot of what you are seeing uploaded here would help someone help you out with this.

From your description, it sounds as if you are exporting a picture of the UV map with the edges on it, then flood filling leaving the edges showing, and using the result as the texture. Everything in the texture is used, so that the edges are part of it. To get rid of them, you have to paint over them with the appropriate adjacent color.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4774 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.