Question about housebuilding - element charasteristics

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4642 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My name is Ash :)

I am used from another developer site that you can build environments to which you can add any piece of furniture, but before anything can be placed your file needs to have dummies attached to floors, ceilings and walls in order for the program to be able to recognize the charasteristics of an element - like a wall gets a wall dummy to be able to hang up art. [Dummies linked to a root skeleton]. Without those furniture cannot be placed.

Has SL a similar way of adding furniture to houses? Does that require scripting? I am not using the in world builder, I build through mesh though .How will SL recognize a wall to be a wall you can add things to? Or is it not needed and instead people use the inworld move tool to get where it should be?

Thank you in advance for any advice given,

Kind  regardss,

Ash

Up to 255 prims can be linked in a set and up to 40 meters across.  This does create some limitations to what you want to do however, there a rezzer scripts such as Rez-Faux that allow you to drop in the script, then set their position into an object.  When those object position are recorded, you can then take those linked sets into the rez object and when the event is activated, they will all position themselves correctly.

Creating houses as a mesh can be hit or miss as well since we still have moving parts and of course there are the PE problems which may mean some creative use of combined elements.

As mentioned above, those linked objects can also be moved to other positions and does not require an anchor as to place it however, they should not be linked to the house.

Doors and other objects that need to move are best linked to the main structure and can also be set in your positioner.  There are ways to do this but that is a bit more advanced and often will cause problems from your customers.  If you would like to see an example of this type of construction, I have a home in my store you can come look at.

I think that is what you are asking.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4642 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.