In need of reference files.

Ashantaey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

Does SL have reference files that I can download? I would like to make furniture [for example a couch] where an avatar can sit in. Is there any reference file of a default sitting avatar so that I know how high the seating should be? And do I need a rigged avatar too for other poses then sitting? I will need custom poses too later on for example fro beach furniture.

gr Ash 

It's pretty much 'furniture first - sits later'.  The scripting for sit positions is dynamic.  So, if it looks like a chair, it can be a chair.  (^_^)

Poses are nearly all resident made.  So, not only does LL not have available animation files, they can't for copyright purposes.  (^_^)

Follow real-world dimensions for real world furniture for the best results.  It can be scaled after importing anyway. (^_^)y

The SL avatar is rigged.  But positions and animations are practically totally freeform.  It's easily explored at no expense.  Ask around at groups like NCI, Oxbridge, or Builder's Brewery.  In particular, try grabbing up the freebie pose packs that are available and see if you can find someone with a copy of the "Sit Target Setter".  It's a script and an object that are quite useful with setting correctly aligned poses in just about everything. (^_^)y

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.