Hello, I wonder why I see my Avatar smoke?

kasy Murfin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

The long answer is here: Avatar Render Problems: Ghost Cloud Smoke Ball Ruth

A slow connection aggravates the problem.

Find a deserted region, may be Pooley or one near by. The fewer people and objects in the region the better.

First thing to try is change your active group. Often within a couple of minutes that corrects the problem. It doesn't matter which group you change from or to, just change.

Another thing is: once you are in a deserted region open inventory and enter a search term to force an immediate inventory download/update. Once the 'Fetching' count stops increasing, start pressing re-bake (Ctrl-Alt-R). Wait 2 to 3 minutes between bakes.

The reasons and other thighs to try are in the article.

have you tried hitting ctrl alt d to bring up advanced up top then going to character and going to test male or female turning yourself into a noob but forcing you to rezz often then you must throw clothing on once you have done that i would suggest going to edit appearance bottom left make outfit and name the outfit and will save that outfit into a folder uptop in inventory and the next time this happens can often right click that folder and click wear and force yourself to rezz as you want to be in future  or easily get back to your desired look hope this helps 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.