More login probs

Alrien

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Alrien wrote:

This morning, my SL login decided to fail on my main character. Alrien Resident Login Failed. Unable to connect to a simulator. Nothing else is broken anywhere and I have not received any emails from LL. Any ideas?

Clear cache and reset router/modem(cable).  That works for me...sometimes.

I'm sure you've already checked to see if you connected to the internet and that you have done the usually diagnostics.

Check to make sure the clock/calendar on your PC is the correct time.  I know this sounds weird but it has been an issue for me in the past especially from Lap Tops when the time tends to go off after long periods of no use.

Ima Rang wrote:

Alrien wrote:

This morning, my SL login decided to fail on my main character. Alrien Resident Login Failed. Unable to connect to a simulator. Nothing else is broken anywhere and I have not received any emails from LL. Any ideas?

Clear cache and reset router/modem(cable).  That works for me...sometimes.

Since you specified this as an issue with your main character, is it safe to assume that you are not having the same difficulty with logging an alt? 

Alrien wrote:

Correct. All is good, except logging in on that char.

If you alt is friended to your main, you should be able to tell if maybe your main is ghosted inworld.  If that is not the case, have you tried turning off your firewall and logging?  Did you also ensure you have the viewer pointing to the Second Life grid?

Hmm... try logging into another location such as Pooley.  And if that doesn't work...

Do you remember what group tag you were wearing?  There's been an issue with invalid characters in groups tags that causes log in failure (link).  If you are a premium member you should be able to have that fixed through Live Chat, if not, you might have to just put in a support ticket and wait.  But, if you were wearing a tag for a group where in your alt has the ability, you may be able to use your alt to delete the roll with the tag you were wearing.  It might work.

Hope this helps ...Dres

Well, that depends on whether or not that's the problem... did you try signing into another location?

I had another thought about what you could try to do to resolve it yourself... I know it sounds crazy, but it might just work.  If, by chance, you remember what group tag you were wearing, you might be able to contact the group owner with your alt and have them either change the tag or kick your main out of the group for the time being.

What's ridiculous is that this has been a known issue for months and months, and nothing seems to being done about it.  Guess it isn't important enough to waist the manpower to fix it... that is, of course, unless you're the one going through it.

I wish you luck ...Dres

I have that same problem last week. It only occur on a particular account. Although it says unable to login, it did login because when I login with another account, I can see that problematic account inworld and in the process of logout.

The problem is on the viewer. I change to Firestorm and was able to login without delay.

Hope this will help  :D 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.