New apartment.. issue with placing items.

Chuckwest

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4655 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am completly stumped. 

I am fairly new (past few weeks) and I am trying to place items in an apartment that I rented. 

After a minute it ends up back in my inventory. Can someone help me to what I need to do to get it to work. It is getting frustrating.

The AutoReturn may be set for non-group members.  If the landlord put you into a special group as part of your rental, make sure you are wearing that group tag when you rez your objects.  That way they will be automatically set to the proper group that doesn't get their objects autoreturned.  Otherwise, as Pamela suggested contact the person you are renting from for assistance.

--Cinn

" If the landlord put you into a special group as part of your rental, make sure you are wearing that group tag when you rez your objects."

I did not get a group invite. Though I am pretty sure that has something to do with it.  She rents hundred or more places, so it is something dumb that the newbie is doing wrong. 

Chuckwest, most big rental companies employ the use of auto-inviters.  It's near impossible to manage the rentals otherwise, if you're a busy company.  If that's the case, maybe it wasn't delivered because the box is broken.  I've had this happen to me plenty of times.  Either that or you did just miss it.  The new system (in 2.0+) of informing you about incoming messages and objects is...less than obvious. It is in Firestorm, anyway.

get intouch with your landlord/lady and ask for the group invite she/he will then hopefully give you it...same was with me..my landlady gave me the grouptag and i activated it...but you have to have that group activated if you ever want to place your items in...if you join another group you will automatically activate that so you will need to re-activate your grouptag :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4655 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.