Facebook FanPage connection to SL Avatar profile

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4631 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have noticed there are options to connect your social networks to your SL profile and have connected a few already. With Facebook, however, I wanted to connect a Fan Page rather than my main Facebook profile. Since Facebook considers it illegal to create fictional profiles I have relegated my SL avatar to a Fan Page. 

I have already spoken on live chat to an LL representative, who informed me that all it can do is just link the main profile. It would be good if LL could look into linking Facebook Fan Pages to SL profiles as well, since Fan Pages can also promote and generate businesses within SL or even outside of SL.

I noticed that too... you can link to profile pages on facebook (which technically shouldn't exist for avatars) but not pages (which are what avatars are supposed to use).

Linden Lab got it backwards I guess.... its okay though, most people in SL seem to not want to connect facebook to SL anyway.

There is little overlap between the SL crowd & facebook crowd, and not many want to enmesh these two things.

Facebook apparently has lost 30% of active users recently. I'm one of them, I deleted my facebook because its boring and I worry for my privacy, there is very little I want to share with everyone (including companies, government & future employers).

Social network fatigue has arrived.... who knows, maybe SL will benefit as ex-facebookers look for some new fun thing to do :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4631 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.