Can you ban someone from a group?

AnthonyMann

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3298 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I had to eject and ban a griefer from my parcel. He now hangs out on adjacent parcels. I have also ejected him from my group.

Two things,

first...I have ejected him 5 times from my group, yet he keeps getting group membership back. He has been muted in the group to stop his rantings, but is there a way to prevent him from rejoining the group? I have reduced my autogreeters range to stay only within my parcel, and I have removed a group members ability to invite to group. I figure he is going throught the search engine, so I removed my group from there. I would rather keep just him out than have all my other members inconvenienced.

second...after he was banned I found an object (a fire) on my parcel that listed him as the owner. How did he get it on there? Can a banned person rez things into the parcel that they are banned from?

I have filed 3 AR's against him so far, and requested that an Estate Ban be placed on him as well. Is there anything else I can do to be rid of this guy?

Thanks for any help or ideas

4 answers to this question

Hello, why not make a group role with nearly no or no abilities and a tag that is not connected to your place/group like "Empty". Remove the group-chat permissions and whatever you can. I know he can leave and rejoin but worth a try :matte-motes-wink:

And if the Avatar is banned from your land it doesn´t matter if in the group or not. Even so there was a ban-bug some weeks back.

Monti

AnthonyMann wrote:

second...after he was banned I found an object (a fire) on my parcel that listed him as the owner. How did he get it on there? Can a banned person rez things into the parcel that they are banned from?

in addition to other replies; i would also disable "object entry" on the parcel. if it is enabled an avatar can stand on the outside of the parcel and send objects over the border - if you found a bullet or something he has fired a gun into your parcel. and you can stop that by disabling "object entry".

add info/comments to your post by using options > edit.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3298 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.