how do I retrieve a new password if I forgot my secruity question?

Camay

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4643 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a avi that I had forgotten I had since I had made it back in 2006 before I knew my computer back then would not handle sl.  Now to retrieve the passoword I have to know my security questions answer it has been so long ago I have no clue.  How do I retrieve or get around this?

2 answers to this question

Try the "forgot my password" button on the login screen.

You will get this message:

My Account: Forgot Your Name or Password?

We just sent you an email!

We just sent you an email! You should receive an email soon containing instructions on how to create a new password. You will receive an email at the address you provided during registration containing instructions on creating a new password. For security reasons, this email will expire after one hour.

In most cases, this email will arrive in your inbox within a few minutes. You may need to check your spam folder, or make sure you gave us the correct email address.

Email no longer active? Click here

You will receive an email requesting your security question:

You have arrived at this page because we either recognize your location from successful in-world logins, or you followed an email link. Please confirm your identity with one of the following methods. You have a limited number of attempts to provide us with valid information. Upon successful completion of this identification, you will be directed to a page on which you may change your password. If you were logged into the Second Life website, you have now been logged out for your security. Security question

What city were you born in?

If you don't remember the answer to your security question, contact the support:

https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

Choose account issue > lost password.

Or try a live chat at their opening hours:

https://support.secondlife.com/start-chat/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4643 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.