ll Listen activated....help.

OddbroShillings

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, Im back again with another question. (as you see Im not good of a scipter,but Hey! Im learning)

Anyways, I have this script. I would like to to be able to be actiavted only if I say a certain thing on a certaion channel and go back to default state when I deactivate it:

Example: Default state:(lights are off) Red,Red,Red,White,White,Red,Red,Red

When I say: /911 Lights on: I want this script to become active.

When I say: /911 lights off: I want the script to shut off, and the object go back to the default state.

If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated as always.

vector COLOR_1 = <1.0,0.0,0.0>;   // Color 1 as RGB

vector COLOR_2 = <255.0,255.0,255.0>;  //  COLOR 2 as RGB

integer USE_COLOR_1;

default {
   state_entry() { 
      USE_COLOR_1 = FALSE;
      llSetTimerEvent( 0.2);
   }

timer() {
       if (USE_COLOR_1) 
          llSetColor( COLOR_1, ALL_SIDES );
       else 
          llSetColor( COLOR_2, ALL_SIDES );

USE_COLOR_1 = !USE_COLOR_1;
       }
   }

The script below will stop and start the blinking.  It listens for the Owner on channel 911

- Clarke

vector COLOR_1 = <1.0,0.0,0.0>;   // Color 1 as RGBvector COLOR_2 = <255.0,255.0,255.0>;  //  COLOR 2 as RGBinteger USE_COLOR_1;default {	state_entry() {		USE_COLOR_1 = FALSE;		llListen(911,"",llGetOwner(),"");		llSetTimerEvent( 0.2);	}	listen(integer channel, string name, key id, string message){		message == llToLower(message)		if(message == "lights on") llSetTimerEvent(0.2);		else if (message == "lights off")llSetTimerEvent(0.0);	}	timer() {		if (USE_COLOR_1)			llSetColor( COLOR_1, ALL_SIDES );		else			llSetColor( COLOR_2, ALL_SIDES );		USE_COLOR_1 = !USE_COLOR_1;	}}

There was a syntax error :(

listen(integer channel, string name, key id, string message){        message == llToLower(message)        if(message == "lights on") llSetTimerEvent(0.2);        else if (message == "lights off")llSetTimerEvent(0.0);

where it says message == llToLower......... this is where the error message was. Any idea on why? Thank you for the help btw.

Or, more compactly....

integer USE_COLOR;default{     state_entry()     {          llListen(911,"",llGetOwner(),"");     }     listen (integer channel, string name, key id, string msg)     {          integer Light;          if (llToLower(msg) == "lights on")          {              Light = TRUE;          }          if (llToLower(msg) == "lights off")          {               Light = FALSE;          }          llSetTimerEvent(0.2 * Light);     }     timer()     {          llSetColor(<1.0,1.0,1.0> * (USE_COLOR = !USE_COLOR), ALL_SIDES);     }}       

I'm assuming that you want to blink from black to white, although your script just switches from white to white (<1.0,1.0,1.0> is the same thing as <255.0,255.0,255.0>).  Since that's the case, you only need to put <1.0,1.0,1.0> in the llSetColor command and then multiply it alternately by 1 or 0.  BTW, it's smart to get in the habit of always using curly brackets {} to mark the start and end of a scope, even if you can sometimes get away without them.  Sooner or later, you'll forget them when you really DO need them, and you will waste a lot of time cursing.

Good, script, but is doesnt go back to the default state, it onlys shuts off and stays on whatever color i said it on. Looking back at my DESC, I think I need to make an edit.

Lets say the default object is Red.

When I Say /911 lights on: It should start flashing between white and red.

When I say /911 lights off: It should stop and only stopn back on red(or the default state.

It's doing that because colors in LSL range from 0.0 to 1.0, not 0.0 to 255.0.  That's why I wrote that note in my post.  If you want the light to blink from white to red, using the method I put in my script, you can do it with

llSetColor((vector)llList2String(["<1.0,0.0,0.0>","<1.0,1.0,1.0>"],(USE_COLOR = !USE_COLOR)),ALL_SIDES);

in the timer event.

Incidentally, a matter of terminology, your entire script is in the default state. It is a one-state script with three events.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.