Strange graphics bug... wrong perspective, prim builds are too close and appear too large

Ishtara Rothschild

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4643 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've played around with my graphics and shadow settings today, and after relogging, everything looks very strange. Prim builds are way too close and appear too huge, especially buildings that should be far away in the distance.

The entire perspective is subtly wrong. The ground textures are too large, and when I reset my camera position or start to walk, I only see the top half of my avatar's head instead of the entire avatar.

I also look down at the ground from a wrong angle when I'm walking, which makes it impossible to see where I'm headed. And to make things worse, the camera movement is way too fast and fluid. It's like a bad drug trip :matte-motes-bored: How can I change things back to normal?

ETA: If you can't visualize what I mean, have you ever looked through a prim with a mostly transparent alpha texture and zoomed real close? It's a strange magnifying glass effect. That's pretty much how everything looks to me now :matte-motes-bored:

ETA 2: It's all good now yahoo.gif I uninstalled and re-installed Phoenix, but alas it somehow saved all my settings and I still felt like Alice after taking the shrinking pill. Then I played around with my camera settings. When I changed the Camera View Angle from 0.09 to 1, everything looked normal again. So if you ever want to live through a virtual bad acid trip, set your camera angle close to zero :)

2 answers to this question

A while ago, I remember someone asked about a camera glitch like you tell of here. I don't, however, remember what the solution was - if any.

Have you checked (and I assume you have :)) the camera angle and distance inn prefs? What about the camera settings in debug settings? Perhaps they need to be reset to default? (I'm thinking of the cameraOffsetxxxxxxxxx and focusOffsetxxxxxxxx variables)

Other than that, a reinstall, as Darkie suggests, might help.

- Luc -

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4643 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.