primstar-2-dev-167.zip

Jacki Silverfall

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yes I bought it from your site in SL. But the question was not answered. it is a add-on? Or it's own program. Gee sorry to be stupid but frankly I'm tired of reading websites that don't tell me anything. It is frustrating and I'm tired.

I downloaded it, and it opens as a [program, should I just start using it this way or just use it if I'm making smaller prims.

I have Primstar-2-dev-163 and that was a add on. 167 is on my desktop but doesn't show up for the add on list.

Oh forget it

Thank you for giving some feedback about the Primstar-2 pages. Maybe it would have been better to just place a comment directly on the pages. I am not sure if Primstar questions are tolerated on this forum ? Anyways since this thread is here, i will answer:

Actually you are right. the Primstar-2 home page was not so clear about what Primstar-2 actually is. So i have taken your hint seriously and updated the Primstar-2 home page. It now hopefully contains some more clear informations:

Here is the excerpt for your convenience:

Citation from the Primstar-2 page:

Primstar-2 is a new add-on module for Blender-2.57 (or newer) which helps you to create content for Second Life and similar platforms.  Primstar-2 is mainly focussed on creating mixed builds containing Sculpted Prims and regular Prims. The Scultpy related features of Primstar-2 are almost complete by now (see the feature matrix for detailed informations). 

Jacki Silverfall wrote:

I downloaded it, and it opens as a program, should I just start using it this way or just use it if I'm making smaller prims.

I have Primstar-2-dev-163 and that was a add on. 167 is on my desktop but doesn't show up for the add on list.

Oh forget it 

It is not so clear what that means. Primstar-2-dev-163.zip is a compressed file which contains the Primstar-add on files. It is not a program. And in order to show up in the add on list it must remain a zip file. When you unpack it (either manually or automatically by your download tool), Blender will reject it (and not display as valid add on).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.