**Help** Graphics Initialization Failed. Please Update Your Graphics Driver

Priskus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4616 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 2 weeks later...

I just downloaded seconlife. Ive got a brand new computer and I know my graphics driver doesnt need updating..if socializing on SL is going to be this much of a hassle, this sooo isnt worth it...good luck to you all who want to stick it out while they get whatever "bug" needs to be fixed, since its definately not a "graphics driver" issue. lol

Please specify what "doesn't load" means and provide your computer specs (especially operating system and graphics card) when asking for help. It could mean:

• nothing happens when you press the icon
  • it gives some messages (useful to know what) and then stops
  • you get the login screen up and then it dies before you log in
  • You start to log in and get some messages then suddenly it stops without saying anything
  • etc.

I am having the same problem.   When I launch Second Life, either from the desktop icon or the program menus, I get the little messages "detecting hardware", something else, then "initializing VFS", then the message "Graphics Intitialization Failed. Please update your graphics driver."  All this before the login screen, which does not ever come up.

My Graphics device is the INTEL HD Graphics integrated into the i5 Chip.  The driver version is 8.15.10.2202, which is current according to the check I did this morning.

BTW - Firestorm works for me, Viewer 2 worked for me as recently as last night on this machine. 

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Same issue here as with the others, I am seeing a trend with our problem being intel graphics on brand new or fairly new computers.  My system is fully updated and if I install another viewer it works straight out of the box, but the second time running it fails the same way.  I haven't tried Phoenix or Firestorm yet, but I expect the same results from Firestorm.  I've got L$1k for anyone who can solve this issue.  Not much but it's all I have in world :P

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4616 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.