Would someone please tell me about HUDS in simple language

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am so confused about HUDS.  When I first came here I was invited to join a group not knowing it was a vampire group.   Later I backed out of the group but they gave me HUD which I did not use since I did not understand it.

What is a HUD?  Why does one want one?  What is their purpose?  Where does one get one?  Do you need more then one?

All information would be helpful if IN SIMPLE TERMS.

Excellent resource, Pamela.  HUDs are used for many things in SL.  Most recently, to adjust skin and nail color for feet, shoe size and colors, and more.  Some you must wear to make adjustments and then detach; others you wear for the 'duration of your activity'.

Just be aware that wearing multiple HUDs can make it challenging to teleport and, unless you are actually using it, not necessary.

A HUD simply means Heads Up Display. It is a controller that attaches to your viewer. You can see my "Dance HUD" above my head in this picture. it is the thing with the red buttons. It has many different dances loaded into it and when I click on the buttons it makes me dance in different styles. HUDs can do almost anything you can imagine and yes you can have more then one of them on your screen at a time.

PHOENIX.jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.