Displaying a web page

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

May seem a simple thing, but it is starting to puzzle me.

All I want to do is display a web page on a prim, to be more precise a Goodle Calendar.

I have managed to get part of it to show (its cutting the bottom off and I dont know why) and its not interactive, e.g. I cant click to chnage months.

Anybody got any ideas how to show the Google Calendar, on a prim, that can be interacted with e.g. people can scroll through the months.

When I read this, I thought I'd have a play with it.   This is how I got it working.

I went to my Google Calendars and clicked on the little button next to the calendar I was interested in -- in this case, SL Server Releases.   I selected Calendar Settings, and this took me to that calendar's details page.   There, I clicked the HTML button next to Calendar Address:  and it popped up a window with the following url

https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=r77nmrp61l82ee2pjhgudoejok%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Europe/London 

I simply copied that, and pasted it into the prim media settings in the normal way, and now I've got a functioning calendar of the SL Server Releases that lets me scroll and flip between weekly and monthly views in the normal way.

Here is my current summary of how to use Prin Browsers:

BOP Summary. Browser-on-Prim. Web-on-Prim. Shared Media.

I use scripted prims that reset the browser to my chosen page every 15 minutes.  People can scroll the browser or takei to another page.  Then it does not display what I want shown.  The script restores my display.  

The scropt also makes for easy mod to another page.  I just get a copy of the prim and change the link setting in the script.  The next time it resets it shows the new page.  

Full perm copies of the scripted prims are available in the Hobo Utilities KIf are available at

Hobo Helpers HQ on Cookie

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Cookie/136/100/22

TKR

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I liked the BOP summary, but have a question (problem) about it.  I've gotten web pages to display without any problem, but there have been issues with other people seeing them. I realize that it is not supported in all SL viewers, but noted this sentence near the bottom of the summary:

"Other people will probably see the web page also, but if not, they need to check their media settings."

Where are the media settings in the standard SL browser?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.