Sculpt map disappeared from prim after 2 years!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4162 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 years I built this bridge and added some sculpted railing using a freebie sculpt map I bought on the marketplace. The bridge sat nicely on my lnd all this time until last week when the object just turned back into a torus.

At first  I assumed that the sculpt wasn't rendering but after this persisted for days I asked friends to come look and it didn't render either. Once I checked properties I saw that it was no longer a sculpt and had reverted to a regular prim torus.

I've reapplied the sculpt map and it's fine again but I've never seen this happen before and wondered if anyone else had experienced this phenomenon?

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, I'd say that it hasn't been fixed. Today I was building some baggies, had them looking fine, was just about ready to box them up and set them aside to be sold, when suddenly I'm wearing a bunch of spheres... Had multiple people verify that it was the same for them on their screen. Went in, reapplied the maps, went on with my day, but kept the sculpties on, just to see if it happend again... it did. Not sure what's causing it now, but I was rather miffed after spending a day building, to have my work negated altogether.

• 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4162 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.