Please help, the past few days I've not been able to log in anymore.

Dystopia Incognito

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've checked my name, password and made sure my Firewall allows my viewer ( Firestorm Beta v2.5.2.16922 ).

It started off by sometimes not allowing me to log in for a while and I received this message;

You have been logged out of Second Life.
This region may be experiencing trouble. Please check
your connection to the internet.

And I did check my connection, other online games seem to be working just fine too..

And I could still log in with an older viewer ( Phoenix, which I do not prefer 'cause it misses some beloved features ), but since yesterday night I keep getting this message;

Cannot connect to simulator.

I would love for this to be solved. Does anybody have an idea how to?

3 answers to this question

Have you tried login from another location? You could try a safe sim such as Smith or Pooley. Maybe your region is down and needs a restart. If you can get inword, IM your owner if this is a private region and ask him to restart the sim. If this is mainland, there have been some rolling restarts these days.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Grid-status/ta-p/837021

• Like 1

In some cases the 'Unable to connect to sim' message can indicate a conflict with the group title you are wearing. I'm not sure this will be the case here, but if you have the opportunity, try getting someone to edit the group title you currently have enabled, or kick you out of the group if editing the title is not possible. (Rejoin the group afterwards).

- Luc -

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.