A question about the updates you see when you go to your SL

MariahWhispers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4704 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I only update when I have a specific reason to (such as problems with a current client, a new feature I want to access, or LL forces me to update to be able to connect).

I would suggest that if you do want to update regularly, make a habit of waiting 24 hours and checking the forums first.  Most of the worst bugs will have been discovered and probably posted about on the forums by then, so you can make a more informed decision about whether or not a particular update is worth its bugs and glitches before you download it.

unless you have a reason to, such as a new bug fix, or new feature, I don't recommend updating just because it's available.... if what you have works fine, and what's being offered has no use to you then there is no point for the average user to bother. this applies to all software.

Oh interesting, thanks for sharing this info, as well as to others for the info.  However, you have to make sure you don't have automatically do updates or whatever it's called checked in your inworld preferences.  Make sure to uncheck the automatic update 'thing'.  I'm not sure what the default is with the viewer?  Is the default set to automatically update, and then a user needs to uncheck that because I tried to over-ride an update just once, but then it automatically updated itself or it wouldn't let me log on. 

Learning something new everyday with SL, that's for sure. 

However, it's not really every time you turn around.  It updates about every 7-10 days or so. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4704 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.