Rigged mesh exported from Blender produces... disturbing results

Allen Marx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4666 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well, the only way I know of how to explain this is through an image. I rigged a mesh in Blender to the SL skeleton. In Blender, the rig works perfectly - I can rotate every single joint and it looks just fine. I go to upload this rig into Second Life and... well...

rig problem

I've checked - repeatedly - for any errors in Blender but I really can't see what I did wrong. Could anyone help?

I also struggled with this for many hours. After I found this post I tried Blender 2.49b, but it just crashed on export (using defaults and the scripts linked above). Sometimes it would export and then the viewer would crash on import or import would never finish. I downloaded Blender-2.58a-Trunk for Mac from graphicall.org and it exports correctly.

Floren Seiling wrote:

I also struggled with this for many hours. After I found this post I tried Blender 2.49b, but it just crashed on export (using defaults and the scripts linked above).

I am curious about the Blender-2.49 crash. Did you open the -blend file with 2.49b or did you link to the object using File -> Link ? While the first method probably will fail, the secnd method always worked for me in 2.49b

@Chodai Yoshikawa, Ashasekayi Ra: Thank you for your hints :matte-motes-smile:. Does this mean the bug CTS-660 was fixed meanwhile ?

I simply opened it. Blender gave me a warning that animations etc. might be lost. I checked over the model and it seemed OK, but then it would crash on export. I tried for an hour to use it then gave up and looked for the build I mentioned.

Now I have another problem, which is that SL it ignoring changes to my mesh altogether. It seems to have some kind of cache. I can make a drastic change, save it (even to a new Collada file), and SL still shows the old one. It then crashes. I think I sent a crash report every 10 minutes to LL yesterday. I am not finding much of this to be usable quality, even though it's so exciting and I have many ideas.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4666 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.