Where can i buy ... / How do i .... ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4634 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm not sure if this goes here or not, but someone will know the answer for sure.  

Is it possible to purchase a pair of teleports that will tp me from one sim to another, or from a skybox to another region entirely (both my own)?  

I ask because i've looked on Marketplace and can only find ones that will take me to different locations within the same sim.  I need grid-wide.  I don't know where else to look.  Anyone?

PS.   I've seen TP scripts for sale but i don't know how to add a script to an object.   I can do simple stuff if i'm told how.  Thanks.  :matte-motes-dead:

Yes, that is possible. Drop this script (courtesy of Cherry Hainsworth) into any prim, together with a landmark of your destination:

// Map teleport.// Cherry Hainsworth, November 2007GlobalMapDestination(vector position, vector lookat){    vector c = llGetRegionCorner();    llMapDestination(llGetRegionName(), position - c, lookat - c);}key request;string name;string sim_name;vector pos;default{    state_entry()    {        llSetStatus(STATUS_BLOCK_GRAB, TRUE);        llSetSitText("  ");        llSetTouchText("Teleport");        llAllowInventoryDrop(1);        if(llGetInventoryNumber(INVENTORY_LANDMARK))        {            name = llGetInventoryName(INVENTORY_LANDMARK,0);            request = llRequestInventoryData(name);        }        else            llWhisper(0,"Please drop a landmark on me");    }    dataserver(key id, string data)    {        if(id == request)        {            pos = (vector)data;            sim_name = llGetRegionName();            llSetText("Touch to go to " + name ,<1.0,1.0,1.0>,0.65);        }    }    touch_start(integer a)    {        if(name != "")            llMapDestination(sim_name, pos, pos);    }    changed(integer a)    {        if(a & (CHANGED_INVENTORY | CHANGED_ALLOWED_DROP))            if(llGetInventoryNumber(INVENTORY_LANDMARK))                request = llRequestInventoryData(name = llGetInventoryName(INVENTORY_LANDMARK,0));    }}

Alas, cross-sim teleport can't be realized with a single click. What the script does is bring up the world map centered on your tp location. So in addition to clicking the prim, you need to hit the tp button on the world map. The only alternative is to have the teleport system hand out a landmark, which would clutter your inventory over time.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4634 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.