Cannot get sl to work.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm going to have to say that it is not your Mac as such. You have, as Griffin says, a very old OS version on your mac, and I believe Ceka is right that this is the reason you can not start the latest version on it. If this is the case, I think you can download viewer 1.23.5, which have not been updated and should work on 10.4. A few TPV's might work too, but I don't know which ones. I wouldn't expect the latest viewers to work on win 98 either. Would you? (perhaps it does for all I know, but I don't expect it :))

BTW. Installing software on the Mac is easy. All programs should go in your Application folder. Open a Finder window and look for the folder in the sidebar. Most programs are downloaded as .dmg files - as are the SL viewers - which when opened present you with a window containing the program and a shortcut to the Application folder. Drag the program into this folder and you're done. If you need to delete a program, Open the application folder, locate the program and drag it to the trash.

Lastly, when you manage to get in to SL, I recommend you join the Macintosh group where you can ask just about anything.

- Luc -

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.